This is who I am...

My photo
Love it or Hate it... Its my story and in some ways its yours too.. SomethinSpecialBlog@Gmail.com

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happiest New Year



 
I used to wake up and end every day in prayer and thanksgiving...Some where along the line of 2013 it became sporadic and stopped all together. I became so bogged down in the silly details of ever day/week/monthly things. I cried a lot and prayed a little. I'm ecstatic to see 2013 go as it's been one of the worst years of my adult life.


Financially, Relationships, Professionally, Spiritually, etc. I was tested on so many different levels. At the end of the year I was able to come out on top but dammit if I wish it didn't have to go down the way it did. Things I said I would never do I did. Things I said I would get better at I didn't even try. 2014 isn't about starting anything new really... it's all about me going back to what makes me great. Back to dance. Back to writing. Back to the gym consistently (fell off last month) and eating right. Back to valuing myself the way God does. Walking in the fact that I am beautifully and wonderfully made.. Focusing on my future and ultimately MY happiness.

Because going back to whats important allows me to catapult myself into my future. See 2014 isn't about 2014 for me. 2014 is about everything that happens after the year is over. Everything that happens after today, tomorrow, and next week. Sowing seeds in good ground and seeing the vision I have for my life come to fruition. Paying my last student loan payment, Getting married and having beautiful children. Becoming a licensed Therapist. Inspiring others to become a better version of themselves daily near and far. Maybe even teaching. 2013 tried to kick my butt and the experience left me realizing that I need to do a better job at protecting whats mine: my destiny. I'm begrudgingly grateful and willing to kick my own butt now to ensure my future is actually something to look forward to.

Only way I'm going to be able to do that is by also going back to praying first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Remember that Christ is my foundation and my ultimate cheerleader. 2014 is the year I don't just show up..but the year I show out. I was challenged, threatened, emotionally and financially beaten in 2013. In 2014 I plan on spitting in 2013's face and saying "That's all you got?! Now watch me work!"

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment