This is who I am...

My photo
Love it or Hate it... Its my story and in some ways its yours too.. SomethinSpecialBlog@Gmail.com

Friday, October 18, 2013

Same old Song, Same old Me...

I absolutely adore Pandora. It gets me through my work day and allows me to stay on a treadmill for more than 15mins. While at work I usually have my Beyoncé play list going hard. The awesome thing about this particular play list is one minute I'll be listening to Beyoncé's Countdown and then next thing I know the Temptations My Girl comes on then I take a phone call and David Crowder Bands' How He Loves Us comes on then I blink and Hootie and the Blowfish's Time is on and I'm in my office screaming "Turn that ish up! That's my jam!". Pandora listener's there is power in 'liking" particular songs..

Its my most eclectic play list and I absolutely adore it. It always plays just the right songs at just the right time. I'll be pissed off at the boo (Yes.. I have a boo now...More on that in another post on another day.) and Anthony Hamilton's The Point Of It All comes on. Or I'll be feeling under appreciated at work and Daniel Powter's Bad Day comes on. This Beyoncé play list...It just.... it gets me!

So when I started having the itch to write again I wasn't surprised when Nine Days' This is The Story of a Girl seemed to play all day everyday. I actually changed the name to this blog after hearing it again for the first time after years. This tune was the source of many teenage jam sessions in my living room. The song lyrics don't actually speak to me but man is it a catchy tune. What actually drew me to change the name of the blog is the song title..

As awesome as I am perceived to be, as confident, as sexy, as smart, as fabulously as I am known to others.. Deep down I'm really just a girl. Underneath all my bravado I am shy, scared, doubtful of myself and confused sometimes. Don't get me wrong I am happy and I am still awesome sauce but I'm also still human. At the end of the day I feel like a girl. I wake up I try my best to be the best. And sometimes I pass and sometimes I fail. So as I embarked on my 30th year of life grabbing adulthood by the reigns and riding the wave of ups and downs of 2013 I'm reminded time and again that I am just a girl. My inner child is alive and well. Itching to write and share her stories. So to my loyal followers who have been wondering where I've been. I'm back. And to new readers....This is the Story of a Girl. And that Girl is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment