This is who I am...

My photo
Love it or Hate it... Its my story and in some ways its yours too.. SomethinSpecialBlog@Gmail.com

Friday, January 14, 2011

Who would of thought...


So as I continue on my 21 day fast (Did I mention that already? I'm doing a 21 day fast and so far so feeling real good..) I am following a 21 day reading plan. I wake up every morning and read a specific scripture. Before each scripture is a small paragraph about what I should try to take away from each day.

Well the other day I had to read a scripture about how blessed I am. The take away for that day was to keep a list throughout the day about different things that I'm blessed with. I woke up very cranky that morning. I wasn't feeling very well and so needless to say I wasn't really in the mood to write down how blessed I am.... But as the day progressed I was able to jot down a few things... Like to read it? Here it go...

*As mentioned previously I wasn't feeling well.... But this uhhhh..kind of sickness only comes when you ARE well. Thank you God for good health.

*As I walked through the snow watching the bus pass me by... sighing under my breath hoping the next bus wouldn't be too late I stopped remembering a friend of mine who couldn't afford a metrocard and wake up 2 hours early to walk to work...so I jotted down "I have money to go to work."

*As I sat on the bus and texted my Director about missing my bus...again... I'm reminded how grateful I am to HAVE a job.


*As my day progresses I get some uplifting texts and emails. I didn't ask for them. My spiritual family just knew that I needed it and sent me good tidings. Then I realized how blessed I am to have great spiritual family. People who surround me and comfort me even when I don't realize I need it.

*As I got through the rest of the work day my spirits continued to rise as I realized that people at work looked at me as a potential leader. And not just the people I supervise... My boss pulled me aside and mentioned that there was possibility for upward mobility.....*insert happy dance here*


So you know how blessed I am... How blessed are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment